Insurance requirements for studying in Australia as an Erasmus student

Insurance information for Australia

If you are going to study and live in Australia, you want to be fully prepared before starting your adventure. Among other things, you want to make sure your insurance covers everything you need, without paying too much.

International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, must obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals. OSHC insurers can provide a variety of different OSHC products, ranging from basic to extensive cover. Learn more about OSHC.

It is important to understand that local mandatory health insurance will probably not cover:

  • Additional medical costs
  • Repatriation
  • Liability
  • Home contents and baggage
  • Accidents
  • Legal aid

Via our partner Aon, you can easily discover details that apply to your specific situation. To get advice and insight in the costs of insurance, you can freely request an instant quote.

About Australia

By studying in Australia you will take advantage of the great student environment both inside and outside classrooms. In addition to some of the best business and engineering schools in the world, you will be able to explore a greatly developed country that still retains its wild side with its warm climate, beautiful beaches, and the Great Outback, with over 500 national parks. Many Australian universities provide internships and work placements, preparing students early on for the job market.