Get your international student insurance now

When studying abroad, you often encounter specific insurance requirements. Please lookup your destination country or university, or get an instant quote from our partner Aon.

Global Coverage

and multilingual support

It's Cheap

starting at 0,53 EUR/day

24/7 Helpline

emergency assistance

Cancel Anytime

and get your money back

Why do I need International Student Insurance?

Student insurance covers your health, travel and stay. If something goes wrong, the insurance covers the costs of your medical care and can even get you back home.

Applying for the proper insurance when studying abroad can be challenging. That is why we made it quick and easy for you. If you already have insurance, have a second look, as it might not be enough. You must follow the criteria set by your university, local laws and regulations, and immigration laws.

What is typically missing in local or other insurances?

A standard health insurance does not entirely protect you when you are studying abroad for a longer period of time. It may not cover medical evacuation, immediate dental care, physical therapy, and 24/7 emergency support.
This also applies even if you have a European Health Insurance Card.

Imagine that while you are traveling, one of your parents suffers a catastrophic injury. You must return home. In that case, extra expenses, like airline tickets, can be covered by the insurance.
Or you have a terrible illness while studying abroad or traveling for a job. In that situation, your family might wish to see you. Their flight ticket fees can be reimbursed by the insurer.

Despite your best efforts, it is still possible for you to harm someone or damage their property. The financial costs of accidents you cause are covered by the liability insurance.

The home contents insurance covers damage to your property in your place of residence in the country where you study.
The baggage insurance covers loss, damage and theft -during the trip to and from your destination country, and during recreational travel.

We all have accidents. Usually it is not serious, but imagine that you have been in a car crash and you become disabled. Then you want to be well insured. The accident insurance offers ample compensation in case of death or permanent disability that result from an accident.

You can get reimbursed for the expenses you incur for legal counsel thanks to the legal aid insurance. Professionals can therefore offer you support or guidance if you need it.

Check your VISA and university requirements

Remember that the country you are visiting, or the university may have additional insurance requirements. You will have most of those needs covered by the extra products mentioned above.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

Please keep in mind that the EHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance, as recommended by the EU (additional EHIC information).

An EHIC gives the student the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in another EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland.

When you have a valid EHIC during your study period, you are only covered for emergency medical expenses. Please keep in mind that this does not include any costs for medical evacuation, physical therapy, acupuncture, or emergency dental costs. You are not also covered for your personal belongings, liability, legal aid, emergency assistance, or additional travel expenses.

The validity of the EHIC is determined by your home country and your home insurer. It may not cover the entire period of study. Please check the validity of your EHIC with your home country's insurer for your study period abroad.

Obtaining additional insurance while studying abroad is especially important for risks that are not covered by your EHIC. This is to ensure that you are adequately insured during your study period.

Family members

If you are traveling with your spouse or children, they will also require insurance.